The CEFR, the ELP and university language centres: new perspectives and new challenges
|Last Date||11 Jun 2015 00:00|
|Event||11 Jun 2015 00:00 - 12 Jun 2015 00:00|
|Place||Trinity College Dublin, College Green, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland|
We are pleased to announce that the next CercleS CEFR/ELP seminar will take place at Trinity College Dublin on 11-12 June 2015. The seminar will explore a number of CEFR and ELP-related issues of relevance to language centres, including:
- increasing the number of descriptors for some of the CEFR levels
- linking CEFR descriptors to Bologna-type learning outcomes
- integrating CEFR/ELP content with electronic portfolios, virtual learning environments, mobile learning, etc.
- revising the structure/content of the CercleS ELP
- extending the CercleS CEFR/ELP focus group.
The intended outcomes of the seminar are to initiate a plan for a CercleS CEFR/ELP toolkit and to encourage submissions from participants for possible publication in the CercleS journal Language Learning in Higher Education.
The plenary speaker at the seminar is Professor David Little. The first day of the seminar will be focus on use of the CEFR and/or the ELP in university language centres, including poster presentations on the issues of relevance described above or other examples of the CEFR and/or the ELP as used in European language centres. The second day will be devoted to workshops that will explore possible dimensions of the proposed CercleS CEFR/ELP toolkit. Consideration will also be given to ways of researching CEFR/ELP use.
More information can be found by following this link:
- from 11 Jun 2015 to 12 Jun 2015